2009-09-13 15:55:54 UTC
Here are most of mine.
1) Soriano, on a sound knee, will hit better, and perhaps his fielding will
improve from unwatcheable to bad.
2) Marmol will have somewhat better control and be the closer.
3) Baker will be retained in a Mark DeRosa role, and perhaps replace
Fontenot as the regular second baseman.
4) Miles will be released.
5) Hardin will be offered arbitration and choose to leave as a free agent.
6) Gregg will be kept, and so will Grabow. Heileman will be traded.
Marshall will be kept in the bullpen.
7) Randy Wells, as an established starter, will not pitch as well as he did
8) Zambrano will have a better year, but still not up to his potential.
9) Lou will be back as manager, and there will be lots of talk about
Sandberg being his replacement in 2011.
10) Fuld will be the 4th outfielder.
11) Samardzija will win the "Cub Whose Name is Most Difficult to Spell"
contest and compete with Gorzelanny for the 5th starter. Gorzelanny will
win that competition (and come in second in the afore-mentioned contest,
when people see his name is really not that difficult to spell). Samardzija
will spend a significant part of the season in Iowa and begin to think
seriously about playing in the NFL.
12) Soto will report to camp in shape and have a much better year, but still
not as good as his rookie year.
13) Milton Bradley will be back, blaming his sub-par year on the media,
saying he really loves Cub fans and wishes they could play more
double-headers at Wrigley. He will also say that he now understands that he
has to keep his emotions in check, and that you will see a new Milton
Bradley out there. (This will all be said during Spring training.)
How they will play as a team? Your guess is as good as mine---probably